Journal 12

In class on Tuesday, we watched an episode of Black mirror. In this episode, people were chipped with a memory device system that recorded everything that happens in your life, and stores it for future watching. The show focused on one couple who encountered problems that came about after the husband was able to rewatch the previous nights events and discover that his wife cheated on him. By the end of the episode, the couple gets divorced and you see the man miserably alone. He ends up cutting out his chip himself because he is haunted by the repeated memories of the events. This episode really got me thinking about how much our memory impacts our actions every day. Every time I am with friends, my reactions with them and how close I am with them is based off of my past experiences. Especially with friendships, sometime sour ability to forget and move on is what people need to heal. I think that if we had the ability to replay everything from our lives, we would be miserable and stuck in remembering the sad, embarrassing, or devastating events in our lives that we normally would be able to move on from. I think it would make our society hostile. This show made me realize that forgetting things or being able to move on is keen to our existence and happiness.