journal 7

Ex Machina!

This movie was very interesting to say the least. I was very caught off guard because I too found myself being tricked by the AI, Ava. You start to think they are real people because of their voice and their personable ways of speaking and that is the scariest part. That technology can actually start teaching itself to be smarter, that movie essentially made me feel like robots were going to take over the world. My question is why are people building AI’s, like what is the point of having these robots and so on if they are not benefiting anyone- having a human robot maid is so unnecessary, and there are not enough people in the world who can afford it. I feel like all I hear is my parents friends are being let go from their jobs and so many people are having trouble finding jobs because technology is making it so that less people are needed for their labor. And that is on a smaller scale- I am referring to stock market traders and brokers whose jobs can be done by a computer. On a larger scale, the lower class who needs these jobs available such as factories and other sites that require many bodies for manual labor are also inventing machines and basically robots to replace the workers so that they can make more money…but with no one working anymore than no one has any money to spend on the products that these companies are making for cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. The world seems like it’s going to s*** and this class only made me more scared!!!