Journal 8

Poster Project

I enjoyed the poster projects and I found that many people found very interesting topics to present, I just felt that we weren’t given enough of a heads up about the project and we did not start thinking about it soon enough. If we had started a little earlier I think the groups would have really dived into the projects and been able to put in their best effort. Even still, however I thought the projects came out really well and the presentations from the comp sci class were very interesting as well. Many people focused on the same topic my group did, which was technology is taking away all of our privacy. My wonder about this, since it is starting to come to the surface now a lot more than it has just in the past few years, is are people going to try and make a change in the opposite direction, where we take a few steps back and try to get our privacy back and try to make ourselves not turn into crazy iPhone addicts, or will be just keep moving forward and falling into the trap technology is creating. Social media, our iPhones, the internet, these coding companies are all designing their products to make us addicted to them- they are creating a black hole and it is only getting bigger. It is not long until we all fall into it and cannot escape.